Seeking Landscape Assistant
Charmscapes is a small landscaping and design company with a handcrafted, authentic materials approach to creating outdoor spaces. We're passionate about making Baltimore beautiful and it shows in our work.
We are looking for an experienced stone mason to work with us. We use a variety of materials in our projects which include natural stone, brick, concrete, wall block and pavers. This is a contract opportunity with the hopes of building a long-term working relationship. We have a lot of creative projects coming up and we’re looking for about 20 hours per week to begin with, with an eye toward growth. We have many projects lined up and plan to get started as soon as the weather warms up, so you should be available ideally in early March.
You must communicate clearly. You should prefer making things from hand rather than out of the box. You work with speed and enjoy the details. You take pride in your work and seek opportunities to be creative. You are not afraid to ask questions and propose better solutions than what was handed to you.
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience installing natural stone, block and brick.
- You are a team player and prepared to assist in other project work outside of masonry if the job calls for it.
- You are comfortable developing solutions on the spot.
- You have your own transportation.
- You are able to lift 50+lbs. Jobs include bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting materials.
- You have strong English skills.
- Portfolio of your masonry work would be beneficial but not required.
- Pay Range $12/hr-15/hr depending on experience
View our portfolio online to see the types of jobs you would typically be working on.